The Tsar Palace.
View from the south-east.
The new Tsar Palace of brick was constructed along the northern fortress wall soon after
the Refectory and presumably by the same craftsmen. Its size, rich decoration, two gala staircases
along the fašade (non-extant) remind of the Refectory. The fašades are "check-painted".
The windows of the upper tier are framed with tiles.
In 1814 when the Theological Academy was housed in the Tsar Palace, it was reconstructed. The gallery and staircases were destroyed. In 1896 a part of the Palace was reconstructed as a church.