The Trinity Cathedral.
View from the north.
Constructed to replace the wooden Trinity Church built by
the Monastery founder Sergius of Radonezh. The Cathedral became a compositional center
for the subsequently developing Monastery ensemble.
The walls made of blocks of white stone are unusually inclined towards the center enchanting the Cathedral monumentality, stability and uprising character.
|In 1458 the brick church - Nikon Chapel was constructed over the tomb of Sergius's successor Nikon buried at the southern wall of the Trinity Cathedral.||
The Trinity Cathedral
with Nikon Chapel.
View from the east.